Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Temple Trip

When Joshua was 7 days old, I realized that his blessing was coming up in a week and a half and I didn't have anything for him to wear. It was too late to order anything and have it arrive on time, so we took a trip up to the church distribution center in Bellevue. We bought him a cute white outfit and then went next door to walk around the temple grounds. On the way up there Hannah kept asking if we were going to the temple with the "fake people" because they have these statues of families outside.




Ben was mesmerized by the fountains. He never wanted to leave.


Hannah wanted her picture taken with the temple. You have to look really close to see her.


We left and got stuck in rush hour traffic. We were hardly moving for a half hour. It was stressful because we were all hungry by this point. Then I heard Hannah in the in the farthest back seat talking about her leaf she picked up at the temple.

She said, "Here's a piece for Mommy and a piece for Daddy and one for Benjamin and Joshua."

And I thought, "Great, now I'm going to have little pieces of leaf all over the car," but I didn't say anything because at least she was happy playing with her leaf.

Then she said, "My leaf is lettuce. I'm eating my leaf."

I asked, "Are you eating your leaf for real or pretend?"

"For real."

Again, I didn't stop her. Then Ben started crying. I mean, really freaking out. 

I yelled back, "Why is he crying?"

"Because he ate all the leaf I gave him and he wants some more."

This time I did say something, "Then give him some more! Make him stop crying!"

She did and he stopped crying and Devan and I cracked up about the kind of mother that I am.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh my gosh I laughed so hard when I read this Alex! You crack me up! I would've said the same thing, ahahahahahaha. Thank you so much for sharing, I needed a laugh today!

LisaJones said...

AH hahahaha! I can totally visualize Alix! You're awesome! It's funny what we do sometimes to keep our kids quiet! I love you!

Melinda said...

Hahahahaha! Um seriously, I would've been in the exact same boat...hahaha Love it!!