Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What Hannah and Ben have been up to

The big kids had a great time during Joshua's first week. He was born early Thursday morning, so they spent Wednesday and Friday night at Grandpa's. They played at his house, and at the toys at the mall and had a great time.

Saturday, Mom, Renee, and Mickey picked them up and took them to the children's museum. They look like they had so much fun! I wish I could have gone.












Tuesday, Renee and Mickey took the kids to the pumpkin patch.









Wednesday, I had my 1 week postpartum visit with my midwife. It's an hour drive each way and then the appointment lasted an hour and a half, and I was worn out by the time we got home. Mom, Kory, Renee, and Mickey came over to carve pumpkins. The kids had a great time and I was happy they were distracted so I could lie on the couch. I even got dinner brought to me while I was lounging. It was amazing!






Meanwhile, on the other side of the room, laid a very tired, but very happy mom and baby.



Super relaxing except when we had to defend ourselves against Ben.


 Ben wanted to let Joshua talk on the phone too.


My cute, cute brother with his pumpkin.


 
I'm so grateful I had so much help from my family and friends the first week of Joshua's life. Hannah and Ben had a great time and I was able to rest and recover and enjoy my new baby. 

No comments: